Ah, the holidays. A joy-filled time spent with those you hold most dear, and let’s not forget – all the deliciousness of baking to your heart’s desire! We are completely enticed by winter desserts, however when it comes to family and friends, making sweet treats with everyone’s dietary preferences in mind can quickly become overwhelming. So instead of you spending hours in the kitchen, making a plethora of desserts, we believe we have found the one perfect, totally scrumptious treat that will satisfy nearly everyone’s unique diets this holiday season! We adore this dairy-free, gluten-free AND completely vegan holiday-themed cake recipe, and know that you and everyone you share it with will too!
What we like best about this cake, it doesn’t sacrifice on any of the wonderful flavors you find this time of year. Garnish it with a fruity touch of raspberries for added natural sweetness? Yes, please!
Our holiday cake is a great dessert option that everyone in your home can appreciate. Heck, diets aside, people will even be running past the other desserts just so they can sink their teeth into this good-gracious piece of dairy-free heaven!
Take it from us when we say this cake recipe is the jam – literally, the cake is filled with our Crofter’s Organic Raspberry Premium Spread—less calories per serving, GMO-free and sweetened with Fair Trade cane sugar. Your taste buds will be tingling with joy when you try it!
Are you salivating yet? Let’s get to it, here’s what you will need to make the recipe:
- 1-cup Dairy-free margarine (suitable for baking), plus extra for greasing
- 2⅜-cups Gluten free plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1⅓-cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Vanilla pods
- ⅘-cup Organic soya yogurt
- 2 tsp Gluten free baking powder
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Dairy-free milk (almond or rice)
- For the filling
- ¾-cup Icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- ¼-cup Dairy-free margarine
- 100 g Fresh raspberries
- 6 tbsp. Crofter’s Organic Raspberry Premium Spread
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Grease two spring-form cake pans (roughly 8-9 inch) with the margarine, then line bottom with parchment paper cut into circles to fit the bottom of the pans. Dust the sides with some gluten-free flour.
- In a bowl, beat the dairy-free margarine and granulated sugar for around 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Halve the vanilla pods lengthways then, use the tip of a sharp knife to scrape out the seeds and add to the wet mixture.
- Add the yogurt and lemon zest to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the wet mixture bowl and then fold through.
- If batter is a little thick, add a splash of dairy free milk, and stir until you have a nice, smooth batter.
- Divide the mixture between the two spring-form pans, then place on the middle shelf of the hot oven for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before turning the cakes onto a wire cooling rack, then leave to cool completely while you make the icing.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a large bowl, and then add the dairy-free spread and a splash of dairy free milk. Beat until smooth. If it’s a little thick, add another small splash of milk until it becomes smooth and spreadable.
- Once cooled, place one of the sponges on a plate or cake stand and carefully spread the icing on the sponge and scatter the fresh raspberries evenly on top.
- Spread the Crofter’s Organic Raspberry Premium Spread onto the second sponge and place it jam side down on top of the iced sponge.
- Press down slightly and dust the top with a little icing sugar and decorate with some raspberries.
YOUR TURN: We want to know what ingredients you use to accommodate the different diets of your family and friends for dessert! If you try our special holiday cake, let us know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment and rate it, as it helps us to continuously improve recipes for you. We love seeing what you come up with so take a picture using the hashtag #CroftersOrganic on Instagram!
Love this recipe and want to make more from the Crofter’s Organic cookbook? Download one of our FREE recipe books here!More Crofter's Goodness & Product Info Here