- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Filling And Assembly
- All-purpose flour (for surface)
- 1 jar Crofter’s Organic Blueberry Premium Fruit Spread
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- Pulse flour and salt in a food processor just to combine.
- Add butter and pulse until texture resembles very coarse meal with a few pea-size pieces of butter remaining.
- Drizzle ¼ cup ice water over and pulse, adding more ice water by the tablespoonful as needed, until dough just holds together when squeezed. Divide dough in half and form into 2 disks, wrap in plastic, and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
Filling and Assembly
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll out 1 disk of dough on a floured surface to a 12″ square. Cut into six 6×4″ rectangles; reroll scraps and cut out 2 more rectangles. Repeat with remaining disk of dough.
- Toss jam, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a large bowl to combine. Brush edges of rectangles with half of egg and spoon about 2 Tbsp. blueberry jam mixture on one half of each rectangle, leaving a ½” border. Fold dough over and press edges to seal, then crimp with your fingers or a fork. Transfer to 2 parchment-lined baking sheets and freeze 15 minutes (this will help pies hold their shape while baking).
- Brush pies with remaining egg and sprinkle with sugar. Cut a few slits in tops of pies to vent. Bake pies, rotating baking sheets halfway through, until juices are bubbling and pastry is golden brown, 35–40 minutes (juices will run onto parchment).
- Let hand pies cool on baking sheets 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.
More Crofter's Goodness & Product Info Here