Blueberry Jam Muffins
Author: Crofter's Organic
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 jar of Crofter's Organic Blueberry Premium Spread
- ¾ cup and 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the lemon sugar topping
- ¼ cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners or coat with nonstick spray; set aside.
- To make the lemon sugar topping, combine sugar and lemon zest, rubbing the zest into the sugar with your fingertips; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, remaining ¾ cup sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Add 1 cup blueberries and gently toss to combine.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Top each muffin with 1 teaspoon blueberry jam, swirling into the batter using figure eight motions. Sprinkle with lemon sugar mixture.
- Place into oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
More Crofter's Goodness & Product Info Here