Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Author: Crofter's Organic
Recipe type: Appetizer
In a world where all we want to do is eat buffalo wings, we've found a solution! This creative spin on the classic chicken wing recipe is sweeping the food world and we have some tips to jazz up your sauce and convert your cauliflower-hating friends and family.
- Baked Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- Apricot Buffalo Sauce
- ⅓ cup Franks RedHot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup Classic Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Crofter's Organic Apricot Fruit Spread
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease very well with oil. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite sized pieces.
- Mix the milk/water/flour and spices in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until the batter is thick and is able to coat the cauliflower without dripping.
- Dip the cauliflower in the batter. You can do this one by one or in batches. Shake off excess batter before placing cauliflower on the baking sheet. Lay the cauliflower single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over half way through to get all sides golden brown and crispy.
- While the cauliflower is baking, get your buffalo wing sauce ready. In a small saucepan on low heat hot sauce, mustard, sesame oil, red wine vinegar, and Crofter's Organic Apricot Fruit Spread. Stir together and set aside.
- Once the cauliflower is done its first bake in the batter, remove them from the oven and put all the baked florets into a mixing bowl with the wing sauce and toss to coat evenly. Return cauliflower to baking sheet and bake in the oven for another 20-25minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (we used tatziki). Enjoy!
More Crofter's Goodness & Product Info Here