Apple crumble was made for cool fall days. Here’s a healthier twist on the classic recipe we all know and love!
Apple Crumble Stuffed Baked Apples
Author: Crofter's Organic
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 apples
- 4 teaspoon Crofter's Organic Blackberry Fruit Spread
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped nuts and/or seeds
- 4 teaspoon honey, melted
- 8 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- First, prepare the crumble topping. Mix rolled oats, cinnamon, chopped nuts, and melted honey until well combined.
- Wash, peel, core, and chop up 4 of the apples. Toss with cinnamon and lemon juice.
- In a saucepan over medium heat cook apple, cinnamon, and lemon mixture. Add a couple of table spoons of water and cook for 5 or 6 minutes until the apples soften slightly. Add more water if the pan starts to dry up.
- Chop the tops off of the remaining 4 apples and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh.
- Fill scooped-out apples with apple filling from the sauce pan. Top with a generous amount of crumble topping.
- Place stuffed apples on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until crumble topping is crispy. Serve warm and top with any flavour of Crofter’s Fruit Spread - we used Blackberry. Enjoy!
More Crofter's Goodness & Product Info Here