If you’re like us, you probably go through a jar of salsa each week. There are some great organic salsas available, but we’ve been making our own fresh mango salsa here at Crofter’s Organic and it’s been a hit!
Salsa is incredibly versatile and this fresh version will change your life. Put it on tacos, eggs, or make your own tortilla chips using corn tortillas like we do.
- Corn tortillas (1 pack)
- ¾ to 1 cup canola, grapeseed, or corn oil (a high smoke point oil)
- 1 Lime
- Kosher or sea salt
- ¾ pound tomatoes (about 2 medium), seeded and finely diced (1½ cups)
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 small fresh jalapeño or serrano chili, finely chopped, including seeds, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon fine salt, or 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 tbsp of Crofters Organic Mango fruit spread
- 1 red pepper
- 1 Mango
- There are a few different ways to make tortilla chips. The classic way is to fry them in a little bit of oil, which is the preferred method because of the taste, but we’re going to bake them to save some calories.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut each tortilla into 6-8 chip sized wedges and arrange into a single layer on a cookie sheet
- Mix oil and lime juice in a bowl and brush onto both sides of chips
- Sprinkle salt onto chips and bake for about 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 8 minutes or until the chips are crisp, but not too brown.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Season to taste with additional chili, lime juice, and salt.
The salsa will keep in the refrigerator for up to a day, which isn’t long, but we willing to bet that you wont have much leftover to refrigerate.
More Crofter's Goodness & Product Info Here