When you’re stressed for time and in need of a quick morning recipe that’s easy and nutritious, this açai smoothie bowl is the stuff breakfast dreams are made of. We can’t think of a better way for
you to pack a delicious punch to your morning than having a clean smoothie that contains natures best and, of course, our organic, minimally processed, NON-GMO Superfruit Just Fruit Spread.
While we love that this smoothie bowl requires minimal preparation in advance, the best part – our Superfruit Just Fruit Spread infuses the smoothie with the perfect amount of sweet – no added cane sugar, and one-third less calories than regular jam. You would never think otherwise! Plus, it provides part of your daily-recommended serving of fruits & veggies. So eat up!
What you basically do, is freeze the required ingredients, combine them all together in the blender, and sprinkle on toppings for added nutrition and texture. You can prepare the smoothie in a
beautiful, Instagram-worthy bowl (see photo above) or take it with you on the go. Heck, you can even make extra for family and friends to enjoy!
Here is what you will need to make the smoothie:
- 7 ounces frozen açai
- 1 cup frozen fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 1 cup almond milk (plus more as needed)
- 2 tbsp. nut butter (almond, cashew, or peanut butter are good choices)
- 2 tbsp. Crofter’s Organic Superfruit Just Fruit Spread
- Sliced banana
- Fresh berries (blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, or berry of your choice)
- Dried goji berries
- Add the frozen fruits, acai, almond milk, nut butter, and Crofter’s Organic Superfruit Just Fruit Spread to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding extra almond milk as needed to get the blender running. You want to aim for a frozen yogurt-like consistency, so it should be slightly thicker than a smoothie.
- Spoon the açai smoothie mixture into a bowl and top with sliced banana, fresh fruit, granola and dried goji berries, then drizzle with some honey.
We recommend you use a high-powered blender for the best results. The thicker consistency of the açai smoothie may be too much for a lower-powered blender.
Now that you’ve got your breakfast açai power smoothie ready you can go out there and conquer your day!
YOUR TURN: What are your favorite toppings to use in the Açai Smoothie Bowl? Let us know what you think when you give this recipe a go! Leave a comment and rate it, as it helps us to
continuously improve recipes for you. We love seeing what you come up with so take a picture and use the hashtag #CroftersOrganic on Instagram!
For more recipes courtesy of Crofter’s Organic, try our FREE recipe book downloads here.More Crofter's Goodness & Product Info Here